Akasha Is Doing It's Part
From the moment Akasha was penned, the onus on the design team was to
create a ‘Green Home’. Everything, down to the way the home is
orientated on the land, and the position of windows mean that our energy
usage can be reduced.
Some of the highlights are:
- Positioning of the home allows for a cross-breeze to flow through
- Solar water heating for all functions including the hot tub
- Low voltage lighting that is dimmed using a smart Lutron lighting
- Top of the line Air Conditioning system that is one of the most
efficient in the world
- Ceiling fans in every room that reduce the requirement for Air
- Advanced computer control for pool and water pumps reduces energy
In addition to this we:
- Utilize rain water for our landscaping and grey water systems
- Reduced our dependency on sewer systems by installing a self
contained septic system
We had to cut vegetation to build Akasha, however to date, we’ve already
planted over 1000 local trees and plants. We grow local vegetation
onsite with no pesticides, and our ground staff will be more than
willing to share these with you during your stay.
We Want to Hear From You
If you have any ideas for us to further our green efforts, let us know!
We'd love to hear from you.
If you'd like to help out with our green efforts, you can ask our
housekeeping staff to replace your linens and towels every other day,
and turning down the Air Conditioning by a couple of degrees can help
our a lot! Some guests choose to use the ceiling fans and cross
ventilation windows, and not use the Air Conditioning at all.